And they aren’t the only ones. As the first quarter comes to a close, several companies have reported positive gains and tremendous momentum for 2018. Highlighted in this article are some of the top companies that are paving the way for the payment facilitator model – continuing to give it both traction and credibility in the marketplace.
Included in this article are Square, Shopify, PayPal and Blackbaud.
- The company continues their accelerated growth pattern with a 45% increase in net revenue YoY, compared to 36% in Q4 of 2017.
- Total net revenue for Q1 is reported at $669 million.
- Transaction-based revenue is also up 30% YoY at $523 million.
- Subscription and service-based revenue increased an impressive 98% YoY at $97 million.
- Adjusted revenue increased by 51% at $307 million.
- The company generated $3.69 billion in revenue – up 22% on a currency-neutral basis.
- *Non-GAAP operating income is reported at $829 million and this is up 29% YoY.
- 1 million new active accounts were added. This is up 35% from the same quarter last year and brings the company’s total to 237 million active accounts.
- Payment volume growth is up 27% on a currency-neutral basis to $132 billion.
- Mobile payment volume is also up by 52% YoY at $49 billion.
- First quarter revenue is up 68% from Q1 last year at $214.3 million.
- The largest component of this growth is Merchant Solutions revenue, which grew 75% YoY at $114.1 million.
- Shopify Payments GMV reached $8 billion – up 64% from the same quarter last year.
- Subscription revenue grew 61% to $100 million and monthly revenue is up 57% at $32.5 million.
- Gross profit dollars are also up 71% from Q1 2017 at $123.8 million.
- Total *GAAP revenue for Q1 is $204.2 million – up 10.3%
- Total *non-GAAP revenue is up 10.5% at $204.5 million.
- *Non-GAAP organic revenue increased 5.3% and non-GAAP organic revenue at 7.2%.
- *GAAP net income increased 35.1% to %17.8 million.
- *Non-GAAP net income increased 35.8% to $31.9 million.
*Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) income equates to operating income, operating margin and earnings per share.
*Non-GAAP earnings are calculated by adding back the non-cash expenses of depreciation and amortization to a company’s operating income.